What do I have to do?
- As a blood donor you will be asked to complete a registration form and to read the educational pamphlet, "Important Information for Blood Donors."
- You will be registered into the computer system and given a "mini physical" by a technician. We will check and record your blood pressure, pulse and temperature.
- You will be asked to review the information printed on the Donor Record Form, and complete a brief medical history.
- Your iron level will be tested.
- A skilled, specially trained technician, using a sterilized needle, will draw approximately one pint of blood.
- After the blood has been drawn, you will be asked to relax for a few minutes and given some refreshments. You may then continue your normal activities.
Contact Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank at: